Tuesday, May 4, 2010

..............Thailand May 6th, 2010.............

It is 4:34 AM right now as I type, I am wide awake, it's humid outside, and I can hear lizards running around all over the place...I most certainly am in Thailand!

I arrived in Chiang Mai around 2pm on the 4th (Thai time) and was taken straight to the ITDP (Integrated Tribal Development Program) office. I decided to just sleep here tonight because I am leaving in the morning to head to Ma Oh Jo Village. This was a surprise (a good one!) and meant I would need to finish some homework (Seminary finals are this week for me) before I left in the morning...so I have been up most of the night working on that.















Here is what my schedule is looking like:

In a few hours I will head out with the indigenous missionaries to drive to the village. No rain is expected today so the dirt roads should be passable. While in the village, we will be working on the new water source which will feed into the already existing storage tank, and fixing the waterfall generator which powers the Medical Clinic and School. Hopefully, I will be able to see the new underground water source they found, and learn as much as I can about the surveying process. Beyond that, the villagers will have started trenching the 4 kilometer distance from the source to the filtration tank, so I may help with that. We will come back on Friday, pick up some supplies, and then go back for a few more days. After that, the team from San Diego comes and I will be with them in Ma Oh Jo for 14 more days.










(Some of the ITDP Trucks )
I am feeling healthy and in good spirits right now. I am beyond excited to get out of the city and spend some time driving with the missionaries, and ultimately see my friends in the village. It has been a year since I last saw them all, and I am so grateful that God is allowing me to serve in this place once again. Do pray that God will work in the hearts of the unbelievers through the indigenous missionaries, and that I can be a demonstration of Christ's love in all that I do and say. Thank you all for your prayers and support!

In Christ,
Dan Lamm

Prayer Requests:

1) For the souls of the villagers
2) For the remaining $3,000 to come in, in order to fund the new water system
3) For traveling mercies
4) That we would be living examples of a people saved by the grace of God in Christ

1 comment:

Erin said...

Definitely praying! For the villagers, for safe travels in and out of the village, and for you as you serve & love our thai family!